Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Friday, July 6, 2007

I have survived!

Well, I should have, they gave me enough anesthetic to put out a manatee...lucky me, Mate was home, and I really did get much of my day off...thank heavens for outpatient procedures. I really love nurses, but I really hate hospitals...and I don't have to do THAT again for another two years. (Of course there is the mild anxiety about the polyp biopsy, but it was benign last time, I have done very little to offend the little bugger, and now that it's gone, I think we're okay.)

Tomorrow my LYS is opening after moving to a larger suite in the same site--I'm so excited for Babetta and company...I really love my LYS proprietors...they truly are the nicest people. (And Babetta's granddaughter has Ladybug's real name. We're like the only two people in Nor-Cal to name babies after this particular character in Lord of the Rings...although my pediatric nurse does recall a baby Smeagol, poor goober...that's a toughie to live down. We once had a cat named Smeagol that was such a rat bastard, I seem to recall my dad actually TRYING to hit it--he's a man that takes cat piss in a corner very seriously. But I totally digress.)

Anyway, tomorrow, I should be beyond the whole 'ooohh...I'm so loopy I think The Suite Life of Zach and Cody is funny (worst Disney sitcom EVER!)' thing, and on to my usual cranky self, when I promise to get to some memes--no, I haven't forgotten. We just didn't have a way for me to get internet on the commode. And don't think I didn't try, knowing I was going to be spending four hours there yesterday. I'm not one for wasting time, really--in this house, it's sort of like throwing away perfectly good platinum and feeding truffles to the cats.

And today, I'm exulting in the sock pattern I made up. Okay, it's a basic ripple, and I sort of started ripping off the jaywalker socks, since I love that ripple, and then I just, well...I hate that increase, the one at the beginning and ending at each dpn? I dropped more stitches that way, and really, a yo is such a lovely increase, isn't it? It looks just swell, and if we knit one before each yo, and then one after each yo, well it changes the look just a little, well, a lot, and then, instead of the s1k2togpsso decrease--which, you all have to admit, can be a fractions irksome bastard when it wants to, I decided, hell, I'm really good at the toe decreases--I LOVE the way they look...but how about leaving one stitch in between them instead of two...and how about slipping that stitch every other row so it just sort of pops out...and now, you can all see how they're not jaywalkers at all, but more like Chicken Toes and YO's...which is what I think I'll call them...and now I have to finish one so you can see what it looks like. My only regret is that I picked a striped yarn with probably my least favorite color combo in it--as soon as I realized I was going to be designing my own pattern, well, I didn't want to waste perfectly good cherry tree hill or claudias on IT so I picked this funky 70's stripe thing from OnLine, which other people adore, but I'm like, 'eh'. But that's okay. They're for someone else...I can just enjoy the ripple pattern and throw them in a gift bag when I'm done...

And speaking of FO's--I FINISHED THE VANILLA STRIPED SOCKS...no, no pictures...really--they're a perfectly good pair of socks in a really pretty color combo...and they're getting tossed in an envelope and sent to my Aunt who has been waiting the better part of a year...canyagimmehallelujia? Amen. Now I just have to finish the Cave Troll's alligator sweater--I mean, I'm 1/2 way done w/the first sleeve... and, oh, wait...I've got pesky classes I have to do, and BITTERMOON won't write itself...

But as Triane, Goddess of Joy is my witness, I shall live to knit again.

Thanks to a perfectly nice gastrenterologist and a gallon of Go-lightly, that is...

3 comments:

NeedleTart said...

Congratulations! I remember the whole gallon thing. Now I take the small bottle (can't remember what it's called). Same result but No gallon of stuff.
Glad you're back in the land of the connected.

roxie said...

Yayyy for good news! And yay for finished objects, and multiple yays, gimmeahalleluia for drugs! Lots of fluids to wash that crud out of the system and don't operate heavy equipment or a nuclear power plant for another day. I'm so happy for you!

Bells said...

All sounding very good Amy. Sounds like an ordeal you don't want to repeat any time soon!