Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sunday in Pictures

This morning we went to see Mate run the Rockin' Shamrock race in Sacramento.

We waved to him as he ran by, and then watched the marathon comfortably from here.

All marathons should be watched from inside a coffee shop.


We went shopping after our coffee, and while we waited for Mate to finish.

The kids were only allowed small things, but the family agrees as a whole that these were things we WANTED to buy.

Chicken, in particular, put in a giant I WANT GIMME GIMME GIMMEE!
 Of course we stopped by Candy Heaven.

Darrin was there, and happy to see us. He posed for me so I could Tweet this, and then gave my children SPECTACULAR gifts.

I didn't need the gifts-- I got his blessing on the sequel, out in July, and a sort of plea to PLEASE find him a boyfriend too, if I was writing happy ever afters.

I might not write his whole book, but I told him I'd see what I could do :-)

Look at that smile-- wouldn't you write that smile a boyfriend? Spectacular, kind, and hunky.  It's the least I can do!

The kids paraded around with their gifts-- they have been tickled ever since they walked out of the store. (I was taken by surprise--I might have found the grace to decline.)

And when we reached the appropriate place, they
marched sentry.

Because what else would you do with giant candy suckers?

We rounded up Mate and took him to lunch. Since it was Mate's day, we got 5 Guys Burgers. Tasty. Not diet friendly, but tasty.

When we got home, well, we mostly did this.

And I finished THIS BOOK, which I really loved.  (Thanks, Christopher Rice, btw, for haunting me exquisitely.  I really enjoyed Density of Souls.)

And then, well… yeah.

I think Geoffie says it best.

Hope everyone else had a happy weekend as well!

1 comment:

Janie Friedman said...

Sounds like a great day! Thanks for the book rec. Downloaded and getting ready to read now.